Cliopatria's History Blogroll now includes over 1000 blogs. Some of them are of exceptional merit. We've honored two blogs that are no longer current, Invisible Adjunct and Mode for Caleb, by entering them in the Hall of Fame. IA's archives are, alas, apparently now lost in the ether.* More recently, two other excellent blogs that are candidates for the Hall of Fame, Giornale Nuovo and The Proceedings of the Athansius Kircher Society, have become inactive. Like IA, the Athansius Kircher Society now exists on the net only in references by its admirers.
*Update: See Sharon Howard's correction in comments.
With that reminder that life on the internet is fleeting, there is a group of history blogs that seem to me to be central to history blogging. I don't presume to say that they are The Top 100 Liberal Arts Professor Blogs. Nor do I even suggest that they are better than other history blogs that are not on the list. I do mean to say that, without them, history education on the internet would be seriously impoverished. Below the fold are 80 history blogs that I recommend. You'll recognize some of them. Others, you may not yet have discovered:
comments powered by Disqus
elementaryhistory teacher - 7/22/2008
Thank you so much for including History Is Elementary. It is an honor to be included with so many great sites, and to be mentioned by you.
roy booth - 7/16/2008
I am very gratified to be on the list. Sometimes the things I write about seem obscure even to me... no, actually, most of the time.
New Kid on the Hallway - 7/13/2008
Sharon Howard - 7/13/2008
The IA archives aren't lost; they can be found at the Internet Archive:
And thanks for the mention!
Jeremy Young - 7/12/2008
We at ProgressiveHistorians are honored by our inclusion on this excellent list. Thank you!
Alun Adler - 7/12/2008
Appreciate the mention for Cardinal Wolsey - thanks. Will have to keep the posts going now!
Edward Carson - 7/12/2008
Thanks for the Rec. from the Proletarian. I have an interesting piece about academic freedom you might find of interest.
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race