IS THERE LIFE AFTER HUMILIATION/
This is the essence of the culture of death which permeated ancient Egypt and which the Abrahamic tradition sought to end. God stayed the hand of Abraham. Isaac was not to be scarified to prove his belief."Choose life!" became the monotheistic motto. Celebrate life, indeed, join with God in improving its quality. As long as you are alive, you have hope to be able to do just that. The shame belongs to those who humiliate, not to the humiliated as holocaust survivors have so often demonstrated.
The culture of death propagated by radical Islam is reminiscent of the period where enslaved men built the giant tombs, known as pyramids. Those writing the UN report on Arab Development bemoaned the meagerness of Middle Eastern patents. What happened to the superb scientific culture of the Arab empires? The culture of death happened. In America, my daughter's Egyptian friend does superb medical research.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize