IS THERE LIFE AFTER HUMILIATION/
This is the essence of the culture of death which permeated ancient Egypt and which the Abrahamic tradition sought to end. God stayed the hand of Abraham. Isaac was not to be scarified to prove his belief."Choose life!" became the monotheistic motto. Celebrate life, indeed, join with God in improving its quality. As long as you are alive, you have hope to be able to do just that. The shame belongs to those who humiliate, not to the humiliated as holocaust survivors have so often demonstrated.
The culture of death propagated by radical Islam is reminiscent of the period where enslaved men built the giant tombs, known as pyramids. Those writing the UN report on Arab Development bemoaned the meagerness of Middle Eastern patents. What happened to the superb scientific culture of the Arab empires? The culture of death happened. In America, my daughter's Egyptian friend does superb medical research.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea