Can You Really Love Your Country?
I ponder such questions in my op-ed, "Can You Really Love Your Country?" at The Future of Freedom Foundation website.
comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 6/3/2008
A country is not a person.
Randll Reese Besch - 6/2/2008
This whole flag pin crap is just surface love. When the troops come home wrecked they don't get the treatment their work deserves. Use then abuse. More have become homeless and committed suicide than ever before! Where is the support there? When they can't kill the enemy (harmless people in their own country) then the soldier becomes invisible or at least of less importance. That shows me whether the support is for the war but not the warrior. The soldier must not fight a war that is a crime like the occupation of Iraq. They must not accede to illegal orders to fight. So far just a few have done the right thing which is also very brave.
Allan Walstad - 6/1/2008
I believe my wife loves me, despite my considerable faults. That doesn't mean she would support every misguided thing I say or do, but it does mean that she tries to see the best in me and nurture the best, that she would try to shield me from harm, as I would try to shield her.
In somewhat the same way, yes, I think you really can love your country. At least, that's a hypothesis I'm willing to submit for consideration.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity