No Homeschoolers Need Apply (Subway)
Here are the rules:"Contest is open only to legal US residents, over the age of 18 with children in either elementary, private or parochial schools that serve grades PreK-6. No home schools will be accepted."
The folks at Subway, of course, have every right to set their own contest rules but why did they make this particular exclusion? Was it suggested by someone at Scholastic Parent and Chld Magazine?
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/25/2008
I thought of that too and you might be right. On the other hand, 5K isn't a lot of money. How hard would it be to someone accommodate home schoolers? Perhaps the organizers are afraid that a home schooler win as they tend to do contests of this type.
Steven Horwitz - 5/24/2008
Perhaps they excluded the home schoolers because the prize is $5K of playground equipment for a school. My guess is that they wanted to do something that had a larger group of beneficiaries (i.e, all the kids at a school) rather than one family in their backyard. As you say, they have every right to make the rules, but I don't see this as necessarily a statement about home schooling per se.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity