Burning Down the House
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
I see that a film dramatisation of the Waco massacre is in the works. The good news is that the producer of the documentary Waco: Rules of Engagement is involved, which presumably means that the film will take an anti-government stance.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Sydney - 5/23/2008
If Hilary is next President expect the movie to be a hit.
Tim Sydney - 5/23/2008
I think these comments were meant for the Roderick Long item "More IP..." not the Waco one.
Roderick T. Long - 5/22/2008
Stephan, I thought of that too (though I didn't know the name of the case), but I think you intended it to be a comment on my IP post, not on my Waco post.
Stephan Kinsella - 5/22/2008
Roderick, your comment brings to mind the terrible reasoning of Wickard v. Filburn, which said that Congress could prohibit a guy growing wheat on his own farm to feed to his own animals and for his own use, since, if everyone did that, it would affect interstate commerce. Or some BS like that (no offense, libertarian centralists and worshippers of the Supreme Court).
Craig J Bolton - 5/21/2008
I have a bookcase filled with documents on this topic, but I am amazed that there is anyone else who still gives a damn about what I had thought was a thoroughly buried episode of American fascism at work.
If Mike McNulty is producing this movie it will probably be great, but it would be even better if he corroborated on the script with David T. Hardy. Yes, Hardy is a foreign policy fascist in his own right and a Bush "conservative," but on this topic his head is screwed on right.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity