The Machinery of Unfreedom
[cross-posted on Austro-Athenian Empire]
comments powered by Disqus
Roderick T. Long - 5/20/2008
Well, your implied questions/criticisms are answered in the two posts. Maybe you don't agree with the answers, but if so, you haven't said why not.
Craig J Bolton - 5/19/2008
Here I thought I knew what "patriarchy" meant, but I guess not. I never knew, for instance, that it had anything to do with attempted rape or mob scenes of drunken college males acting like alley cats rather than human beings or that it was the principal or only cause of such incidents.
I guess I'll next discover that the Holocaust was merely a typical manifestation of Gentile social dominance. [Always thought that you couldn't trust those goy.]
Yept, real insightful.
"The beginning of wisdom lies in the ability to make distinctions."
Roderick T. Long - 5/17/2008
And for a concrete example of what Charles is talking about, see this latest piece.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing