Michael Moore and Disney
First, he uses intimidation by the FCC and his cronies at Clear Channel Inc. to partially remove Howard Stern from the airwaves. Yet now, each and every weekday Stern spends a considerable amount of his five hours of airtime broadcasting his opinion, that Bush is a rightwing jerk unfit to be our leader, to his still more than eight million listeners. Also, he is doing this in a exceptionally engaging and intelligent way. And, there is growing evidence that Stern’s voice might even be a significant factor in tipping the election to Kerry.
Next, Bush closes the newspaper of anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and now we are fighting his Shiite followers as well as the Sunni Moslems who had supported Hussein. Hardly anyone had ever heard of this guy before the Bush Administration tried to silence him.
Now, the Bush camp is trying to limit the distribution of Michael Moore’s new film Fahrenheit 911. The Disney Corporation is refusing to allow its subsidiary Mirimax to release the movie because it is afraid that Florida Governor Jeb Bush will take away important tax breaks if they do. Now, why would Disney think that unless they had already been warned?
This latest bit of censorship has worked just as well as this first two, in at least one instance. Before I read the story about Disney and Moore I had no intention of going to see the film, now I would not miss it. I am very curious to know what George Bush doesn’t want me to see.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges