Michael Moore and Disney
First, he uses intimidation by the FCC and his cronies at Clear Channel Inc. to partially remove Howard Stern from the airwaves. Yet now, each and every weekday Stern spends a considerable amount of his five hours of airtime broadcasting his opinion, that Bush is a rightwing jerk unfit to be our leader, to his still more than eight million listeners. Also, he is doing this in a exceptionally engaging and intelligent way. And, there is growing evidence that Stern’s voice might even be a significant factor in tipping the election to Kerry.
Next, Bush closes the newspaper of anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and now we are fighting his Shiite followers as well as the Sunni Moslems who had supported Hussein. Hardly anyone had ever heard of this guy before the Bush Administration tried to silence him.
Now, the Bush camp is trying to limit the distribution of Michael Moore’s new film Fahrenheit 911. The Disney Corporation is refusing to allow its subsidiary Mirimax to release the movie because it is afraid that Florida Governor Jeb Bush will take away important tax breaks if they do. Now, why would Disney think that unless they had already been warned?
This latest bit of censorship has worked just as well as this first two, in at least one instance. Before I read the story about Disney and Moore I had no intention of going to see the film, now I would not miss it. I am very curious to know what George Bush doesn’t want me to see.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”