Recent congressional hearings about the destruction, by Israel’s air force, of a Syrian-North Korean nuclear facility has shed light on the mutually-beneficial nature of U.S.-Israel relations.
The September 2007 Israeli military operation in Syria dealt a setback to the Syria/North Korea/Iran/Hizbullah axis while advancing American and Israeli interests. It bolstered U.S. deterrence, extended America’s strategic arm and provided Washington with vital information concerning Russian air defense systems, which are also employed by Iran. And it served to refute the claim that U.S.-Israel relations have been shaped by political expediency."
None of this prevented Rice from following in Marshall's footsteps
Efraim Karsh, 1948 - Israel, the Palestinians, the true story
Barry Rubin, Asaf Romirowsky, and Jonathan Spyer, UNRWA: Refuge Of Rejectionism
On the surface, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) seems a humanitarian group helping Palestinian refugees. In reality, it actually helps destroy the chance of Arab-Israeli peace, promotes terrorism, and holds Palestainians back from rebuilding their lives.
Unique in history, UNRWA's job is to keep Palestinian refugees in suspended animation--and at low living standards--until they achieve the goal set for them by the PLO and Hamas: Israel's extinction. In the meantime, their suffering and anger is maintained as a weapon to encourage them toward violence and intransigence.
Mary Madigan, Columbia University""Nakba" conference.
Robert Satloff, looks at Who speaks for Islam?
. . . The full data from the 9/11 question show that, in addition to the 13.5 percent, there is another 23.1 percent of respondents--300 million Muslims--who told pollsters the attacks were in some way justified. Esposito and Mogahed don't utter a word about the vast sea of intolerance in which the radicals operate.
And then there is the more fundamental fraud of using the 9/11 question as the measure of"who is a radical." Amazing as it sounds, according to Esposito and Mogahed, the proper term for a Muslim who hates America, wants to impose Sharia law, supports suicide bombing, and opposes equal rights for women but does not" completely" justify 9/11 is . . ."moderate."
comments powered by Disqus
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?