QUARTET: $80m IS THE PRICE OF CONDEMNATION OF ISRAEL
Consider this headline: Palestinian fiscal crisis averted by $80m Kuwaiti donation Why was there a Palestinian fiscal crisis?
Because"Arab nations have been unwilling to follow through on pledges they made five months ago to help breathe new life into the West Bank economy."
What led Kuwait finally to turn over $80m of the $300m it has pledged in Annapolis?
The clear answer seems to be a quartet communique critical of Israel which even"senior EU diplomats said . . . was unusually harsh on the Israeli government."
I hope Condoleezza Rice feels proud of her birthday present to Israel's 60 birthday.
For example:"The Quartet also expressed deep concern at Palestinian civilian casualties, including the recent death of a mother and four of her children in Gaza. It called for an end to all violence and terror and urged all parties to take all feasible steps to ensure the protection of affected civilians in accordance with international law."
Good idea - Hamas' use of civilians as human shields is responsible for the death of that mother and her children.
"A big explosion erupted on the scene... indicating the presence of bombs and explosives in the gunmen's bags," the army said.
"As a result of this big explosion, extensive damage was caused to a house that was near the gunmen and uninvolved civilians were hit."
Watch the video
comments powered by Disqus
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017