QUARTET: $80m IS THE PRICE OF CONDEMNATION OF ISRAEL
Consider this headline: Palestinian fiscal crisis averted by $80m Kuwaiti donation Why was there a Palestinian fiscal crisis?
Because"Arab nations have been unwilling to follow through on pledges they made five months ago to help breathe new life into the West Bank economy."
What led Kuwait finally to turn over $80m of the $300m it has pledged in Annapolis?
The clear answer seems to be a quartet communique critical of Israel which even"senior EU diplomats said . . . was unusually harsh on the Israeli government."
I hope Condoleezza Rice feels proud of her birthday present to Israel's 60 birthday.
For example:"The Quartet also expressed deep concern at Palestinian civilian casualties, including the recent death of a mother and four of her children in Gaza. It called for an end to all violence and terror and urged all parties to take all feasible steps to ensure the protection of affected civilians in accordance with international law."
Good idea - Hamas' use of civilians as human shields is responsible for the death of that mother and her children.
"A big explosion erupted on the scene... indicating the presence of bombs and explosives in the gunmen's bags," the army said.
"As a result of this big explosion, extensive damage was caused to a house that was near the gunmen and uninvolved civilians were hit."
Watch the video
comments powered by Disqus
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans