QUARTET: $80m IS THE PRICE OF CONDEMNATION OF ISRAEL
Consider this headline: Palestinian fiscal crisis averted by $80m Kuwaiti donation Why was there a Palestinian fiscal crisis?
Because"Arab nations have been unwilling to follow through on pledges they made five months ago to help breathe new life into the West Bank economy."
What led Kuwait finally to turn over $80m of the $300m it has pledged in Annapolis?
The clear answer seems to be a quartet communique critical of Israel which even"senior EU diplomats said . . . was unusually harsh on the Israeli government."
I hope Condoleezza Rice feels proud of her birthday present to Israel's 60 birthday.
For example:"The Quartet also expressed deep concern at Palestinian civilian casualties, including the recent death of a mother and four of her children in Gaza. It called for an end to all violence and terror and urged all parties to take all feasible steps to ensure the protection of affected civilians in accordance with international law."
Good idea - Hamas' use of civilians as human shields is responsible for the death of that mother and her children.
"A big explosion erupted on the scene... indicating the presence of bombs and explosives in the gunmen's bags," the army said.
"As a result of this big explosion, extensive damage was caused to a house that was near the gunmen and uninvolved civilians were hit."
Watch the video
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award