London's New Tory Antiwar Mayor
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/4/2008
Oh well. It looked too good to be true.
Mark Brady - 5/3/2008
Eric Garris does NOT have the full story! Boris Johnson may well have regrets about invading Iraq and write witty accounts of subsequent events. The fact remains, however, that like every other Tory MP, he does not disavow David Cameron's support for Gordon Brown's decision to maintain a British presence in Iraq. At least Harold Wilson had the good sense to refuse LBJ's request that Britain provide troops in Vietnam. How much longer will British politicians be willing for Britain to be a doormat for American hegemony?
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College