Congratulations to Yon Goicochechea
Goicoechea was the key organizer of Venzuela's pro-democracy student movement. This movement has several victories to its credit including a successful campaign against President Hugo Chávez efforts to establish dictatorial power. The movement had first mobilized in response to a government order to shut down the country's oldest private television station.
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library