WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON ISRAEL?
"EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE EXCEPT . . ."
I recall Golda Meir saying something like:
"Everything is negotiable except the existence of the State of Israel."
That has always been the bottom line of the Yishuv despite those who wanted or were forced to absorb more and more land.
It is difficult to build when all those around want to destroy. Perhaps a good d'rash on Noah might be in order to remind us that thinking has become befuddled through ideology while the toref of these crippled post-Shoah generations has been: Give us a little peace/piece so we can heal. And then we'll work to bring the messianic redemption that we await with growing impatience.
Pray for freedom in a world of slaves.
Steven Bowman, Cincinnati
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades