WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON ISRAEL?
"EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE EXCEPT . . ."
I recall Golda Meir saying something like:
"Everything is negotiable except the existence of the State of Israel."
That has always been the bottom line of the Yishuv despite those who wanted or were forced to absorb more and more land.
It is difficult to build when all those around want to destroy. Perhaps a good d'rash on Noah might be in order to remind us that thinking has become befuddled through ideology while the toref of these crippled post-Shoah generations has been: Give us a little peace/piece so we can heal. And then we'll work to bring the messianic redemption that we await with growing impatience.
Pray for freedom in a world of slaves.
Steven Bowman, Cincinnati
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions