WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON ISRAEL?
"EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE EXCEPT . . ."
I recall Golda Meir saying something like:
"Everything is negotiable except the existence of the State of Israel."
That has always been the bottom line of the Yishuv despite those who wanted or were forced to absorb more and more land.
It is difficult to build when all those around want to destroy. Perhaps a good d'rash on Noah might be in order to remind us that thinking has become befuddled through ideology while the toref of these crippled post-Shoah generations has been: Give us a little peace/piece so we can heal. And then we'll work to bring the messianic redemption that we await with growing impatience.
Pray for freedom in a world of slaves.
Steven Bowman, Cincinnati
comments powered by Disqus
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?