WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON ISRAEL?
"EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE EXCEPT . . ."
I recall Golda Meir saying something like:
"Everything is negotiable except the existence of the State of Israel."
That has always been the bottom line of the Yishuv despite those who wanted or were forced to absorb more and more land.
It is difficult to build when all those around want to destroy. Perhaps a good d'rash on Noah might be in order to remind us that thinking has become befuddled through ideology while the toref of these crippled post-Shoah generations has been: Give us a little peace/piece so we can heal. And then we'll work to bring the messianic redemption that we await with growing impatience.
Pray for freedom in a world of slaves.
Steven Bowman, Cincinnati
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond