RADICAL ISLAMIST BEAUTY CONTEST
I've just returned from a talk by cartoonist Signe Wilkinson. This is the one cartoon I liked.
Signe recalled that following the publication of the cartoon she received a phone call from a very well spoken, educated Muslim woman who complained about the cartoon stereotyping Muslim women. Signe reminded her that she distinguished between radical and mainstream Muslims and added that she supports any woman's right to wear anything she wishes provided she is not forced to do so.
"Do you think it is right to force women to wear a particular outfit?" She asked the caller.
"Only if it is for her own good," was the Muslim complainer's answer.
comments powered by Disqus
sara aa aa - 7/20/2008
first of all, i want to say that i'm a muslim woman and i'm proud to wear this outfit.
we don't need anyone opinions
about this issue and we will never ever take off our outfit.
for everyone who love this cartoon i wish you would be a mature person and think about a medicine for the HIV which spread every where because it's more important than talking about others thoughts and rights.
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans