RADICAL ISLAMIST BEAUTY CONTEST
I've just returned from a talk by cartoonist Signe Wilkinson. This is the one cartoon I liked.
Signe recalled that following the publication of the cartoon she received a phone call from a very well spoken, educated Muslim woman who complained about the cartoon stereotyping Muslim women. Signe reminded her that she distinguished between radical and mainstream Muslims and added that she supports any woman's right to wear anything she wishes provided she is not forced to do so.
"Do you think it is right to force women to wear a particular outfit?" She asked the caller.
"Only if it is for her own good," was the Muslim complainer's answer.
comments powered by Disqus
sara aa aa - 7/20/2008
first of all, i want to say that i'm a muslim woman and i'm proud to wear this outfit.
we don't need anyone opinions
about this issue and we will never ever take off our outfit.
for everyone who love this cartoon i wish you would be a mature person and think about a medicine for the HIV which spread every where because it's more important than talking about others thoughts and rights.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)