RADICAL ISLAMIST BEAUTY CONTEST
I've just returned from a talk by cartoonist Signe Wilkinson. This is the one cartoon I liked.
Signe recalled that following the publication of the cartoon she received a phone call from a very well spoken, educated Muslim woman who complained about the cartoon stereotyping Muslim women. Signe reminded her that she distinguished between radical and mainstream Muslims and added that she supports any woman's right to wear anything she wishes provided she is not forced to do so.
"Do you think it is right to force women to wear a particular outfit?" She asked the caller.
"Only if it is for her own good," was the Muslim complainer's answer.
comments powered by Disqus
sara aa aa - 7/20/2008
first of all, i want to say that i'm a muslim woman and i'm proud to wear this outfit.
we don't need anyone opinions
about this issue and we will never ever take off our outfit.
for everyone who love this cartoon i wish you would be a mature person and think about a medicine for the HIV which spread every where because it's more important than talking about others thoughts and rights.
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book