RADICAL ISLAMIST BEAUTY CONTEST
I've just returned from a talk by cartoonist Signe Wilkinson. This is the one cartoon I liked.
Signe recalled that following the publication of the cartoon she received a phone call from a very well spoken, educated Muslim woman who complained about the cartoon stereotyping Muslim women. Signe reminded her that she distinguished between radical and mainstream Muslims and added that she supports any woman's right to wear anything she wishes provided she is not forced to do so.
"Do you think it is right to force women to wear a particular outfit?" She asked the caller.
"Only if it is for her own good," was the Muslim complainer's answer.
comments powered by Disqus
sara aa aa - 7/20/2008
first of all, i want to say that i'm a muslim woman and i'm proud to wear this outfit.
we don't need anyone opinions
about this issue and we will never ever take off our outfit.
for everyone who love this cartoon i wish you would be a mature person and think about a medicine for the HIV which spread every where because it's more important than talking about others thoughts and rights.
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes