RADICAL ISLAMIST BEAUTY CONTEST
I've just returned from a talk by cartoonist Signe Wilkinson. This is the one cartoon I liked.
Signe recalled that following the publication of the cartoon she received a phone call from a very well spoken, educated Muslim woman who complained about the cartoon stereotyping Muslim women. Signe reminded her that she distinguished between radical and mainstream Muslims and added that she supports any woman's right to wear anything she wishes provided she is not forced to do so.
"Do you think it is right to force women to wear a particular outfit?" She asked the caller.
"Only if it is for her own good," was the Muslim complainer's answer.
comments powered by Disqus
sara aa aa - 7/20/2008
first of all, i want to say that i'm a muslim woman and i'm proud to wear this outfit.
we don't need anyone opinions
about this issue and we will never ever take off our outfit.
for everyone who love this cartoon i wish you would be a mature person and think about a medicine for the HIV which spread every where because it's more important than talking about others thoughts and rights.
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?