WOMEN ARE NOT GOING TO RIOT
Democrats are leaning on Hillary Clinton not because she cannot win but because they fear she may. After all, she did what they were sure she would not do. She won both Ohio and Texas though their affirmative action delegate selection has denied her most of the fruits of her victory. Now, they worry that she may just win Pennsylvania, Indiana and even North Carolina and come to the convention with the convention with a majority of the popular vote. What if she then argues that the Florida and Michigan votes should count? Given Obama's increasing obvious vulnerabilities, she may just win the nomination. Then what?
Then it is going to be 1968 redux, Obama supporters warn. Riots! Of course, women threaten no such thing.
In other words, fear of violence not the belief that he is better for the country or even the party, is the reason democratic heavies are trying to wrestle Hillary to the floor.
Clearly, Democrats are not merely eager appeasers of foreign bullies but also domestic ones.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)