WOMEN ARE NOT GOING TO RIOT
Democrats are leaning on Hillary Clinton not because she cannot win but because they fear she may. After all, she did what they were sure she would not do. She won both Ohio and Texas though their affirmative action delegate selection has denied her most of the fruits of her victory. Now, they worry that she may just win Pennsylvania, Indiana and even North Carolina and come to the convention with the convention with a majority of the popular vote. What if she then argues that the Florida and Michigan votes should count? Given Obama's increasing obvious vulnerabilities, she may just win the nomination. Then what?
Then it is going to be 1968 redux, Obama supporters warn. Riots! Of course, women threaten no such thing.
In other words, fear of violence not the belief that he is better for the country or even the party, is the reason democratic heavies are trying to wrestle Hillary to the floor.
Clearly, Democrats are not merely eager appeasers of foreign bullies but also domestic ones.
comments powered by Disqus
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Twitter Is Full of Fake History Photos
- The new Museum of the Bible confronts the challenge of presenting slavery and the Confederacy
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”