comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 5/5/2004
Stewart is no Ken Lay.
Gus diZerega - 4/29/2004
Muggers do damage retail, Ken Lay and company do damage wholesale.
One takes money that you are carrying with you, the other takes your retirement.
One uses immediate fear, the other hides behind a shield of high priced lawyers and the power of the governemnt to proetct them from the fate they so richly deserve.
Sowell is an apologist and little more - especially his using Stewart as an example. She is small potatoes - a tater tot really - compared to what the big boys did. But they have better connections. They contribiute to W and the Republicans.
Jonathan Dresner - 4/29/2004
Nobody ever changed their mind about investing because of a fear of mugging, either, I venture. Which does more harm, oh ye free-marketeers?
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize