comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 5/5/2004
Stewart is no Ken Lay.
Gus diZerega - 4/29/2004
Muggers do damage retail, Ken Lay and company do damage wholesale.
One takes money that you are carrying with you, the other takes your retirement.
One uses immediate fear, the other hides behind a shield of high priced lawyers and the power of the governemnt to proetct them from the fate they so richly deserve.
Sowell is an apologist and little more - especially his using Stewart as an example. She is small potatoes - a tater tot really - compared to what the big boys did. But they have better connections. They contribiute to W and the Republicans.
Jonathan Dresner - 4/29/2004
Nobody ever changed their mind about investing because of a fear of mugging, either, I venture. Which does more harm, oh ye free-marketeers?
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)