comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 5/5/2004
Stewart is no Ken Lay.
Gus diZerega - 4/30/2004
Muggers do damage retail, Ken Lay and company do damage wholesale.
One takes money that you are carrying with you, the other takes your retirement.
One uses immediate fear, the other hides behind a shield of high priced lawyers and the power of the governemnt to proetct them from the fate they so richly deserve.
Sowell is an apologist and little more - especially his using Stewart as an example. She is small potatoes - a tater tot really - compared to what the big boys did. But they have better connections. They contribiute to W and the Republicans.
Jonathan Dresner - 4/29/2004
Nobody ever changed their mind about investing because of a fear of mugging, either, I venture. Which does more harm, oh ye free-marketeers?
- Columbia University Releases Eric Foner’s Civil War MOOCs. It's Free!
- Historian Geoffrey Ward tells CBS: Fox News would have ‘loved’ to show FDR with polio ‘at his most helpless’
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily