comments powered by Disqus
Sheldon Richman - 5/5/2004
Stewart is no Ken Lay.
Gus diZerega - 4/30/2004
Muggers do damage retail, Ken Lay and company do damage wholesale.
One takes money that you are carrying with you, the other takes your retirement.
One uses immediate fear, the other hides behind a shield of high priced lawyers and the power of the governemnt to proetct them from the fate they so richly deserve.
Sowell is an apologist and little more - especially his using Stewart as an example. She is small potatoes - a tater tot really - compared to what the big boys did. But they have better connections. They contribiute to W and the Republicans.
Jonathan Dresner - 4/29/2004
Nobody ever changed their mind about investing because of a fear of mugging, either, I venture. Which does more harm, oh ye free-marketeers?
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power
- Two scholars from UT object to the Texas school's decision to remove the statue of Jefferson Davis