WORTH READING and WATCHING/update
Of those who knew about the controversy and the speech, we asked, “Taking all this into account, are you more or less likely to support Obama for president?”
Less likely (52%)
More likely (19%)
About the same (27%)
No opinion (2%)
Pope risks Muslim anger by baptising controversial journalist Why did he do it?!
John Rosenthal, Nabucco Follies: State Department Shills for EU Pipeline to Carry Iranian Gas If you ask me this is a much bigger problem than the candidate passport imbroglio.
Alan Johnson When Pacifism is Not Enough A very expensive lesson.
Critics decry woman on Afghanistan's"American Idol" for being too immoral!
Lima Sahar, who came third, has to wear a body-enveloping burqa when she ventures outside her home in the extremely conservative southern province of Kandahar. A woman from Herat received death threats after a mid-performance headscarf slip exposed her hair and she was voted off, sparking angry demonstrations in the eastern province bordering Iran and allegations that the voting had been rigged against her.
Tibetans in Indian exile sing"We Shall Overcome." Some songs travel very well, indeed.
comments powered by Disqus
- New book says amount of mustard gas exposure in World War II may be higher than acknowledged by government
- Canada’s Secret to Resisting the West’s Populist Wave
- Trump’s travel ban is built on a law meant to ‘protect’ the U.S. from Jews and communists
- The Time to Retrieve Time’s Time Capsule Is at Hand
- Manassas church opens restored slave cabin to the public
- John B. Boles wants students to know more about Jefferson than that he was a slaveholder
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist