WORTH READING and WATCHING/update
Of those who knew about the controversy and the speech, we asked, “Taking all this into account, are you more or less likely to support Obama for president?”
Less likely (52%)
More likely (19%)
About the same (27%)
No opinion (2%)
Pope risks Muslim anger by baptising controversial journalist Why did he do it?!
John Rosenthal, Nabucco Follies: State Department Shills for EU Pipeline to Carry Iranian Gas If you ask me this is a much bigger problem than the candidate passport imbroglio.
Alan Johnson When Pacifism is Not Enough A very expensive lesson.
Critics decry woman on Afghanistan's"American Idol" for being too immoral!
Lima Sahar, who came third, has to wear a body-enveloping burqa when she ventures outside her home in the extremely conservative southern province of Kandahar. A woman from Herat received death threats after a mid-performance headscarf slip exposed her hair and she was voted off, sparking angry demonstrations in the eastern province bordering Iran and allegations that the voting had been rigged against her.
Tibetans in Indian exile sing"We Shall Overcome." Some songs travel very well, indeed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)