GO, GERALDINE, GO!
"To equate what I said with what this racist bigot has said from the pulpit is unbelievable," Ferraro said today."He gave a very good speech on race relations, but he did not address the fact that this man is up there spewing hatred." . . .
Ferraro said she had"no clue" why Obama would include her in his speech, and said Obama's association with Wright raises serious questions about his judgment.
"What this man is doing is he is spewing that stuff out to young people, and to younger people than Obama, and putting it in their heads that it's OK to say `Goddamn America' and it's OK to beat up on white people," she said."You don't preach that from the pulpit."
Ferraro also said she could not understand why Obama had called out his own white grandmother for using racial stereotypes that had made him cringe.
"I could not believe that," she said."That's my mother's generation."
In any case, she is a"typical white person."
comments powered by Disqus
E. Simon - 3/23/2008
In this historic race versus gender primary, allow me to humbly submit that gender will continue to be behind for as long as the partisans of that side obsess over an overly simplistic and false, either/or, good/bad view of people and of the world. That view may be a different iteration of the Bush view of the world, but it is one that is just as simplistic, just as prone to political failure and just as delusional to hold on to as if nothing else matters.
If Obama flounders in this moment, a moment of merely being honest about race, it will be because too many people weren't mature enough to handle it. In their hear no evil/see no evil simplicity, no greater sense of complexity need apply. Maybe the knee-jerkingly resentful simpletons will win this primary, but they cannot lead the nation.
Ralph E. Luker - 3/23/2008
It is an utter disgrace that you are giving space at HNN for this tripe. It is the cheapest kind of propaganda smear and you ought not make this blog a vehicle for it. "...a low life ...," indeed! You're rolling in the muck here, yourself.
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans