Iranians: "Death to Ahmadinejad"
'Death to Ahmadinejad,' Iranian crowds cry It is their way of celebrating the Iranian New Year!
For weeks ago the Iranian officials had warned the public against any celebration with firecrackers on the last Wednesday of the new Iranian year - as is customary to do. Despite this threat and despite the fact that actual curfew squads had been established in all towns, the public welcomed the oppositions appeal to neglect the threat and celebrated full force.
In Tehran, Shiraz, Tabriz, Ispahan, Behbahan and so forth, people went to the streets and celebrated and in some cases had clashed with security forces. In some places like Behbahan, youth clashed with the security guards who ventured to arrest a number of youth. Clashes turned into more serious demonstrations in which people chanted ani-government slogans. It is reported that 200 youth have been arrested only in Behbahan.
I wonder how long before Syrian crowds dare do the same - Syrian Regime Clamps Down On Opposition
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”