Iranians: "Death to Ahmadinejad"
'Death to Ahmadinejad,' Iranian crowds cry It is their way of celebrating the Iranian New Year!
For weeks ago the Iranian officials had warned the public against any celebration with firecrackers on the last Wednesday of the new Iranian year - as is customary to do. Despite this threat and despite the fact that actual curfew squads had been established in all towns, the public welcomed the oppositions appeal to neglect the threat and celebrated full force.
In Tehran, Shiraz, Tabriz, Ispahan, Behbahan and so forth, people went to the streets and celebrated and in some cases had clashed with security forces. In some places like Behbahan, youth clashed with the security guards who ventured to arrest a number of youth. Clashes turned into more serious demonstrations in which people chanted ani-government slogans. It is reported that 200 youth have been arrested only in Behbahan.
I wonder how long before Syrian crowds dare do the same - Syrian Regime Clamps Down On Opposition
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"