Our colleague, Scott McLemee's"What's Left," NYT, 16 March, reviews Eric Alterman's Why We're Liberals: A Political Handbook for Post-Bush America.
Atlanta was hit last night by a tornado. Fortunately, there are few injuries and no reports, yet at least, of any deaths. The destruction of property, however, is widespread – from Centennial Olympic Park, where a building collapsed and a hole was blown in the roof of the Georgia Dome. The storm tore through the downtown and out a corridor of historic districts that includes Auburn Avenue, Oakland Cemetery, and Cabbagetown, where four floors of an apartment building at Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills pancaked on each other. The city awakes to assess the damage, with reports of more severe weather on the way.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 3/15/2008
The damage includes at least one of the hotels included in the conference last year: nasty.
Worse to come? You've got a basement, right? Best place in a tornado.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity