OBAMA SUPPORTERS THREATEN VIOLENCE
The key word is 1968 redux. No, no one expects Clinton supporters to riot. Obama must speak out against such talk or demonstrate that his middle name is no accident. Sorry, I am furious.
By the way, Huckaby is right. The game is not over until it's over. Obama is no where near getting the necessary majority of the delegates. The rules do not imply that merely having more delegates than other candidates is enough. Indeed, the rules are that convention delegates have to cast their ballot until someone gets the needed majority and they must permitted do so without being threatened that the wrong vote will lead to violence.
Ironically, super delegates are there not to second the voters' primary choice but to balance it. Those who wrote the rules knew that primaries (and especially caucuses) tend to privilege radical candidates who have little chance of getting elected. Political Messiahs Obama is just the kind of candidate the super delegates are supposed to check. Arguing that any attempt for them to do their job is undemocratic is absurd. Threatening violence if they do is a disgrace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)