OBAMA SUPPORTERS THREATEN VIOLENCE
The key word is 1968 redux. No, no one expects Clinton supporters to riot. Obama must speak out against such talk or demonstrate that his middle name is no accident. Sorry, I am furious.
By the way, Huckaby is right. The game is not over until it's over. Obama is no where near getting the necessary majority of the delegates. The rules do not imply that merely having more delegates than other candidates is enough. Indeed, the rules are that convention delegates have to cast their ballot until someone gets the needed majority and they must permitted do so without being threatened that the wrong vote will lead to violence.
Ironically, super delegates are there not to second the voters' primary choice but to balance it. Those who wrote the rules knew that primaries (and especially caucuses) tend to privilege radical candidates who have little chance of getting elected. Political Messiahs Obama is just the kind of candidate the super delegates are supposed to check. Arguing that any attempt for them to do their job is undemocratic is absurd. Threatening violence if they do is a disgrace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?