MICHELLE OBAMA RESTRICT ACCESS TO THESIS/update
Michelle Obama's Princeton thesis is restricted until November 5, 2008. Why? It depends when the restriction was instituted. The answer to the why is simpler. Michelle's jaundiced view of the US may have at least in part originated in her Princeton experience. She has admitted that her grades did not earn her the right to attend the top colleges she did. Affirmative action did but it did not make her grateful merely resentful. Unfortunately instead of blaming her inadeqacy, she blamed her pigmentation and the institution which made her feel inadequate. I have taught long enough to know that students know when they are graded fairly and fairly includes too lenietely. Michelle seems to have been unhappy about the low expectation liberal Princeton had for her and her fellow affrimative action students. Indeed, she wrote a thesis on the subject which includes the following:
My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'Blackness' than ever before," she wrote in the introduction to her sociology thesis,"Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community.""I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really didn't belong."
The rest must be worse. Barak may be on his way to becoming our first affirmative action president. Imagine how they are going to feel in the White House?!
In her Newsweek interview Michelle Obama said she does not remember the topic of her thesis but will make it available to the public.
See, also, What did Michelle Obana mean?
Thesis NOW available Here
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)