MICHELLE OBAMA RESTRICT ACCESS TO THESIS/update
Michelle Obama's Princeton thesis is restricted until November 5, 2008. Why? It depends when the restriction was instituted. The answer to the why is simpler. Michelle's jaundiced view of the US may have at least in part originated in her Princeton experience. She has admitted that her grades did not earn her the right to attend the top colleges she did. Affirmative action did but it did not make her grateful merely resentful. Unfortunately instead of blaming her inadeqacy, she blamed her pigmentation and the institution which made her feel inadequate. I have taught long enough to know that students know when they are graded fairly and fairly includes too lenietely. Michelle seems to have been unhappy about the low expectation liberal Princeton had for her and her fellow affrimative action students. Indeed, she wrote a thesis on the subject which includes the following:
My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'Blackness' than ever before," she wrote in the introduction to her sociology thesis,"Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community.""I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really didn't belong."
The rest must be worse. Barak may be on his way to becoming our first affirmative action president. Imagine how they are going to feel in the White House?!
In her Newsweek interview Michelle Obama said she does not remember the topic of her thesis but will make it available to the public.
See, also, What did Michelle Obana mean?
Thesis NOW available Here
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades