PLOT TO MURDER DANISH CARTOONIST
Here we go again:
2 Tunisian men and a Dane of Moroccaen origin were arrested in Western Aarhus for planning to kill Kurt Westergaard, one of the Muhammed cartoonists. He is defiant:
"Of course I fear for my life after the Danish Security and Intelligence Service informed me of the concrete plans of certain people to kill me. However, I have turned fear into anger and indignation. It has made me angry that a perfectly normal everyday activity which I used to do by the thousand was abused to set off such madness. I have attended to my work and I still do. I could not possibly know for how long I have to live under police protection; I think, however, that the impact of the insane response to my cartoon will last for the rest of my life. It is sad indeed, but it has become a fact of my life."
Those of you tempted to follow Obama to the appeasement table hoping Pay Now, Nothing Later , please note the Danish, as well as the Israeli, appeasement failures and its consequences. In the meantime, Nigeria: Three killed in riots over caricature of Muhammad They do not want to be appeased. They need"rage" to keep and enhance their power.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum