Murray Polner: A Lying Government
In "The Story Line in Iraq" (editorial, April 11), you say the President could reinstate the draft "if Americans understood the need to sacrifice." 0ther than transforming yet another generation into potential cannon fodder and further contributing to the militarization of our nation, why would anyone want to serve a government and its lying and incompetent leaders and advisors who have led us into the Iraqi swamp and now rant about the menace of Iran, Syria and Cuba?
50-10 Concord Avenue
Great Neck, N.Y. 11020
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"