Murray Polner: A Lying Government
In "The Story Line in Iraq" (editorial, April 11), you say the President could reinstate the draft "if Americans understood the need to sacrifice." 0ther than transforming yet another generation into potential cannon fodder and further contributing to the militarization of our nation, why would anyone want to serve a government and its lying and incompetent leaders and advisors who have led us into the Iraqi swamp and now rant about the menace of Iran, Syria and Cuba?
50-10 Concord Avenue
Great Neck, N.Y. 11020
comments powered by Disqus
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.