Murray Polner: A Lying Government
In "The Story Line in Iraq" (editorial, April 11), you say the President could reinstate the draft "if Americans understood the need to sacrifice." 0ther than transforming yet another generation into potential cannon fodder and further contributing to the militarization of our nation, why would anyone want to serve a government and its lying and incompetent leaders and advisors who have led us into the Iraqi swamp and now rant about the menace of Iran, Syria and Cuba?
50-10 Concord Avenue
Great Neck, N.Y. 11020
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830