Murray Polner: A Lying Government
In "The Story Line in Iraq" (editorial, April 11), you say the President could reinstate the draft "if Americans understood the need to sacrifice." 0ther than transforming yet another generation into potential cannon fodder and further contributing to the militarization of our nation, why would anyone want to serve a government and its lying and incompetent leaders and advisors who have led us into the Iraqi swamp and now rant about the menace of Iran, Syria and Cuba?
50-10 Concord Avenue
Great Neck, N.Y. 11020
comments powered by Disqus
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial