Reflections on Tocqueville, Afghanistan & Islam
The Nation has an interesting review on Tocqueville.
Sy Hersh, in The New Yorker, discusses the deteriorating conditions in Afghanistan.
And, Theodore Dalrymple, in the City Journal, explores "When Islam Breaks Down" just as we see the growing nationalism in Iraq.
comments powered by Disqus
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign