Reflections on Tocqueville, Afghanistan & Islam
The Nation has an interesting review on Tocqueville.
Sy Hersh, in The New Yorker, discusses the deteriorating conditions in Afghanistan.
And, Theodore Dalrymple, in the City Journal, explores "When Islam Breaks Down" just as we see the growing nationalism in Iraq.
comments powered by Disqus
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing