"Israeli political sources said yesterday that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon will get a written U.S. pledge that in exchange for a Gaza pullout, Israel will be able to keep parts of the West Bank under a future peace deal."
Does the West Bank belong to the United States now?
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 4/12/2004
Well, they could just be trying to sway the traditional "honest broker" of the talks, but clearly Israel recognizes that the US is the imperial authority of last resort. Which raises all kinds of questions about what we should have done when.....
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests