The Spooner the Better
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
Reminder: the Molinari Society will be holding its fourth annual Symposium this week in Baltimore, in conjunction with the Eastern Division of the
American Philosophical Association (Dec. 27-30). Heres the schedule, with links to the papers (which, as youll see, are both Spooner-intensive):
GVIII-4. Saturday, 29 December 2007, 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m.Also check out the schedules (happily not conflicting) of the AAPSS and ARS.
Molinari Society symposium: Anarchy: Its Not Just a Good Idea, Its the Law
Falkland (Fourth Floor), Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, 700 Aliceanna Street
Session 1, 11:15-12:15:
chair: Jennifer McKitrick (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
speaker: Charles Johnson (Molinari Institute)
title: A Place for Positive Law: A Contribution to Anarchist Legal Theory
commentator: John Hasnas (Georgetown University)
Session 2, 12:15-1:15:
chair: Carrie-Ann Biondi (Marymount Manhattan College)
speaker: Roderick T. Long (Auburn University)
title: Inside and Outside Spooners Natural Law Jurisprudence
commentator: Geoffrey Allan Plauché (Louisiana State University)
So if you plan to be in the Baltimore area, come on by! (Last year they switched us to a different room at the last minute, so if you come to the appointed location and dont see us, look around for a sign well be sure to have one up if its needed.)
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Embraces ‘Enemy of the People,’ a Phrase With a Fraught History
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”