The Lakota Freedom Movement
Visit the Lakota Freedom website.
Read press coverage:
* "Descendants of Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse Break Away from U.S."
* "Lakota Group Pushes for New Nation"
* "Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S. 150 Years Ago"
comments powered by Disqus
Otto M. Kerner - 12/23/2007
It occurred to me that if Ron Paul were somehow to be elected president, he might actually cooperate with these people, which would get them a ton of press and inspire other Indian groups to consider the same idea. That would be such an immediate and lasting way to make a difference.
Otto M. Kerner - 12/22/2007
On the other hand, what's their plan? I realise no one expects immediate success for them, but how do they plan to accomplish freedom given time? Also, note that the spokesman for this move was Russell Means. I've never had the impression that this guy is a very good leader, and he seems to have a lot of personality conflicts, which would make it more difficult to broaden the group's base of support. Still, I really hope he and they prove me wrong.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Britain largest home is saved for the nation
- Shelter and the slums: capturing bleak Britain 50 years ago
- Researchers Find More Women Buried At Stonehenge Than Men
- Tourism spot for Colonial Williamsburg shocks some New Yorkers during Super Bowl 50 for use of 9/11 attack footage
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history