The Lakota Freedom Movement
Visit the Lakota Freedom website.
Read press coverage:
* "Descendants of Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse Break Away from U.S."
* "Lakota Group Pushes for New Nation"
* "Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S. 150 Years Ago"
comments powered by Disqus
Otto M. Kerner - 12/24/2007
It occurred to me that if Ron Paul were somehow to be elected president, he might actually cooperate with these people, which would get them a ton of press and inspire other Indian groups to consider the same idea. That would be such an immediate and lasting way to make a difference.
Otto M. Kerner - 12/22/2007
On the other hand, what's their plan? I realise no one expects immediate success for them, but how do they plan to accomplish freedom given time? Also, note that the spokesman for this move was Russell Means. I've never had the impression that this guy is a very good leader, and he seems to have a lot of personality conflicts, which would make it more difficult to broaden the group's base of support. Still, I really hope he and they prove me wrong.
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project
- At Auschwitz-Birkenau, Preserving a Site and a Ghastly Inventory