News From Middle Earth
(Can't believe I scooped Roderick on this.)
comments powered by Disqus
Common Sense - 12/22/2007
The great man himself already built a bridge in Chapter V in the 1951 second edition. I do not like the sound of this Hobbit II idea at all.
Amy H. Sturgis - 12/19/2007
I will be curious to see how these projects unfold. Overall, my feelings are mixed. I've explained many of the reasons for this here. Additionally, there are the unresolved questions of who will direct the films, who will adapt the texts, and what, exactly, the prequel movie will encompass. At any rate, it certainly will be interesting to see how the films develop - and, since they will heighten students' interest in my "J.R.R. Tolkien in History, Political Thought, and Literature" class, I won't complain. ;)
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)