News From Middle Earth
(Can't believe I scooped Roderick on this.)
comments powered by Disqus
Common Sense - 12/22/2007
The great man himself already built a bridge in Chapter V in the 1951 second edition. I do not like the sound of this Hobbit II idea at all.
Amy H. Sturgis - 12/19/2007
I will be curious to see how these projects unfold. Overall, my feelings are mixed. I've explained many of the reasons for this here. Additionally, there are the unresolved questions of who will direct the films, who will adapt the texts, and what, exactly, the prequel movie will encompass. At any rate, it certainly will be interesting to see how the films develop - and, since they will heighten students' interest in my "J.R.R. Tolkien in History, Political Thought, and Literature" class, I won't complain. ;)
- Hope for Nefertiti’s Tomb, and Egypt’s Economy
- Letters collection offers unique glimpse into ordeal of Australian aborigines
- War, More Than ISIS, Is Destroying Syria's Ancient Sites
- Pew Poll: Trust in government is at historic lows
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- David Courtwright sees 19th-century solution to the current heroin crisis
- A Historian’s Revealing Research on Race and Gun Laws
- Anne Frank Faced Challenges Similar to Syrian Refugees, Richard Breitman Says
- Douglass North, Nobel Prize-winning economics historian, dies at 95