News From Middle Earth
(Can't believe I scooped Roderick on this.)
comments powered by Disqus
Common Sense - 12/22/2007
The great man himself already built a bridge in Chapter V in the 1951 second edition. I do not like the sound of this Hobbit II idea at all.
Amy H. Sturgis - 12/19/2007
I will be curious to see how these projects unfold. Overall, my feelings are mixed. I've explained many of the reasons for this here. Additionally, there are the unresolved questions of who will direct the films, who will adapt the texts, and what, exactly, the prequel movie will encompass. At any rate, it certainly will be interesting to see how the films develop - and, since they will heighten students' interest in my "J.R.R. Tolkien in History, Political Thought, and Literature" class, I won't complain. ;)
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I