Countdown to Christmas Quiz (2)
"It is not a question of Mahometanism simply, but of Mahometanism compounded with the peculiar character of a race…They were, upon the whole, from the black day when they first entered Europe, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. Where ever they went, a broad line of blood marked the track behind them; and, as far as their dominion reached, civilisation disappeared from view. They represented everywhere government by force, as opposed to government by law."
comments powered by Disqus
Jule R. Herbert - 12/18/2007
Well that's worth the price of admission. I just googled Google's advance book search and found the link to this. Very neat.
Paul Noonan - 12/17/2007
... William Ewart Gladstone. (What do I win?)
I admit I didn't know it. Regular Google didn't provide the answer, but Google Advanced Book Search, ah, that's a different story.
Jule R. Herbert - 12/17/2007
Sounds like Thomas B. Macaulay.
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign