Countdown to Christmas Quiz (2)
"It is not a question of Mahometanism simply, but of Mahometanism compounded with the peculiar character of a race…They were, upon the whole, from the black day when they first entered Europe, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. Where ever they went, a broad line of blood marked the track behind them; and, as far as their dominion reached, civilisation disappeared from view. They represented everywhere government by force, as opposed to government by law."
comments powered by Disqus
Jule R. Herbert - 12/18/2007
Well that's worth the price of admission. I just googled Google's advance book search and found the link to this. Very neat.
Paul Noonan - 12/17/2007
... William Ewart Gladstone. (What do I win?)
I admit I didn't know it. Regular Google didn't provide the answer, but Google Advanced Book Search, ah, that's a different story.
Jule R. Herbert - 12/17/2007
Sounds like Thomas B. Macaulay.
- WWII Atomic Bomb Project Had More Than 1,500 “Leaks”
- Neanderthal 'Art' Found In Cave Sheds Surprising New Light On Ancient Intelligence
- Midterm Election Mind-Reading: The Market Tends to Win
- Proof surfaces for affair between Queen Victoria and her male assistant
- Could humans cause another Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum?
- Pro-Israel website chides Middle East Studies professors, claiming they’re apologists for Hamas
- UCLA Economist, Known as Railroad Historian, Dies at 89
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards