Countdown to Christmas Quiz (2)
"It is not a question of Mahometanism simply, but of Mahometanism compounded with the peculiar character of a race…They were, upon the whole, from the black day when they first entered Europe, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. Where ever they went, a broad line of blood marked the track behind them; and, as far as their dominion reached, civilisation disappeared from view. They represented everywhere government by force, as opposed to government by law."
comments powered by Disqus
Jule R. Herbert - 12/18/2007
Well that's worth the price of admission. I just googled Google's advance book search and found the link to this. Very neat.
Paul Noonan - 12/17/2007
... William Ewart Gladstone. (What do I win?)
I admit I didn't know it. Regular Google didn't provide the answer, but Google Advanced Book Search, ah, that's a different story.
Jule R. Herbert - 12/17/2007
Sounds like Thomas B. Macaulay.
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Ron Radosh plans to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture