Countdown to Christmas Quiz (2)
"It is not a question of Mahometanism simply, but of Mahometanism compounded with the peculiar character of a race…They were, upon the whole, from the black day when they first entered Europe, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. Where ever they went, a broad line of blood marked the track behind them; and, as far as their dominion reached, civilisation disappeared from view. They represented everywhere government by force, as opposed to government by law."
comments powered by Disqus
Jule R. Herbert - 12/18/2007
Well that's worth the price of admission. I just googled Google's advance book search and found the link to this. Very neat.
Paul Noonan - 12/17/2007
... William Ewart Gladstone. (What do I win?)
I admit I didn't know it. Regular Google didn't provide the answer, but Google Advanced Book Search, ah, that's a different story.
Jule R. Herbert - 12/17/2007
Sounds like Thomas B. Macaulay.
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead