Condemned to .. .
Her theory?"It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."
comments powered by Disqus
Rachel Leow - 12/11/2007
not a very excusable position for either Perino or Baker to take, in my opinion. after all, if you come into a movie late, do you not try to find out what happened before? other options are: remain confused, don't care, try to predict the ending, or complain loudly to everyone around you. all these are caricatures of politics.
Robert KC Johnson - 12/11/2007
Perhaps it's so--with the writers' strike, they need new material!
judith weingarten - 12/11/2007
It's simple, really. Art history begins with Andy Warhol and plain old history begins 'before you were born'.
Ed Schmitt - 12/10/2007
Too bad the one self-proclaimed student of history in the administration isn't around anymore to give Ms. Perino an advanced lesson on the virtues of William McKinley.
Manan Ahmed - 12/10/2007
I was more intrigued by the WaPo write up - which had an interesting take on historical memory:
""I was panicked a bit because I really don't know about . . . the Cuban Missile Crisis," said Perino, who at 35 was born about a decade after the 1962 U.S.-Soviet nuclear showdown. "
So, anything that predates one's birth is a plausibe excuse according to Peter Baker?
Oscar Chamberlain - 12/10/2007
I would like to believe that Perino is auditioning for Comedy Central.
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Allan Lichtman testifies in federal case that Wisconsin’s voting laws are disriminatory
- Yuval Noah Harari turns to fiction
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines $330,000 Israeli prize after BDS activists talk to her