Condemned to .. .
Her theory?"It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."
comments powered by Disqus
Rachel Leow - 12/11/2007
not a very excusable position for either Perino or Baker to take, in my opinion. after all, if you come into a movie late, do you not try to find out what happened before? other options are: remain confused, don't care, try to predict the ending, or complain loudly to everyone around you. all these are caricatures of politics.
Robert KC Johnson - 12/11/2007
Perhaps it's so--with the writers' strike, they need new material!
judith weingarten - 12/11/2007
It's simple, really. Art history begins with Andy Warhol and plain old history begins 'before you were born'.
Ed Schmitt - 12/10/2007
Too bad the one self-proclaimed student of history in the administration isn't around anymore to give Ms. Perino an advanced lesson on the virtues of William McKinley.
Manan Ahmed - 12/10/2007
I was more intrigued by the WaPo write up - which had an interesting take on historical memory:
""I was panicked a bit because I really don't know about . . . the Cuban Missile Crisis," said Perino, who at 35 was born about a decade after the 1962 U.S.-Soviet nuclear showdown. "
So, anything that predates one's birth is a plausibe excuse according to Peter Baker?
Oscar Chamberlain - 12/10/2007
I would like to believe that Perino is auditioning for Comedy Central.
- Trump Holds Wide Lead in South Carolina
- An All-or-Nothing Fight for the Supreme Court
- Did Trump Really Lose the Debate?
- Scalia’s Death Sets Off Epic Battle
- Democrats See Gift in GOP Blocking Court Nominee
- Quote of the Day
- The Nastiest GOP Debate
- Reaction to the Republican Debate
- The GOP Presidential Debate
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- Ben Carson used an apparently fake Joseph Stalin quote — and the Internet loved it
- Rubio exaggerates in saying it's been 80 years since a 'lame duck' made a Supreme Court nomination
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges