I can only say this: There are things that offend me far more than foreign-born people's going on welfare. Here are two in no particular order:
1. Native-born Americans' going on welfare. (They were born in the"land of the free" and are supposed to know better.)
2. State-police tactics, including the witch-hunting of employers who have the audacity to hire"illegals," designed to catch or prevent the migration of people who are merely exercising their natural liberty.
Let's get our priorities straight.
Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
Otto M. Kerner - 12/9/2007
Well, that's part of the reason. But I suspect that the predominant reason that average people (I don't know if libertarians are different) resent immigration is that they have strong preferences about the ethnic or cultural background of the people that they live around.
Anthony Gregory - 12/9/2007
Border guards also feed at the government trough. But they don't even have the decency to take the money and be done with it, the way welfare recipients do. No, they run around the border, invading private property and harassing peaceful people.
Jeff Riggenbach - 12/8/2007
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments