I can only say this: There are things that offend me far more than foreign-born people's going on welfare. Here are two in no particular order:
1. Native-born Americans' going on welfare. (They were born in the"land of the free" and are supposed to know better.)
2. State-police tactics, including the witch-hunting of employers who have the audacity to hire"illegals," designed to catch or prevent the migration of people who are merely exercising their natural liberty.
Let's get our priorities straight.
Cross-posted at Free Association.
comments powered by Disqus
Otto M. Kerner - 12/9/2007
Well, that's part of the reason. But I suspect that the predominant reason that average people (I don't know if libertarians are different) resent immigration is that they have strong preferences about the ethnic or cultural background of the people that they live around.
Anthony Gregory - 12/9/2007
Border guards also feed at the government trough. But they don't even have the decency to take the money and be done with it, the way welfare recipients do. No, they run around the border, invading private property and harassing peaceful people.
Jeff Riggenbach - 12/8/2007
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit