BEFORE ACTING ON JERUSALMEM; REMEMBER GAZA
If the Israelis get out of the Palestinian territories, even Hamas and Hezbollah will agree to a settlement. O. K., they are not going to recognize Israel but they will declare a"Hudna" temporary armistice which may last decades or longer. No, this is not a straw man argument. It is being forwarded by pundits, policy makers from around the world including Israel.
My short answer:
It has been tried and failed in Gaza. Israel left. All the Jews (including the dreaded settlers) left. And left without violence! Israelis understand the meaning of democracy and ultimately accepts its verdicts.
Only Arabs can safely ignore the results of democratic elections or demand that their land be"Judenfrei" without endangering not only their popularity but their legitimacy.
The result? As Gaza residents feared, the evacuation resulted in nothing but misery for both Israelis who live within increasing Katyusha range and misery for the Palestinian people living in Gaza under terrorist theocracy.
Here is a map of Jerusalem. Look at it and consider what would happen if Israel relinquishes any part of it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”