BEFORE ACTING ON JERUSALMEM; REMEMBER GAZA
If the Israelis get out of the Palestinian territories, even Hamas and Hezbollah will agree to a settlement. O. K., they are not going to recognize Israel but they will declare a"Hudna" temporary armistice which may last decades or longer. No, this is not a straw man argument. It is being forwarded by pundits, policy makers from around the world including Israel.
My short answer:
It has been tried and failed in Gaza. Israel left. All the Jews (including the dreaded settlers) left. And left without violence! Israelis understand the meaning of democracy and ultimately accepts its verdicts.
Only Arabs can safely ignore the results of democratic elections or demand that their land be"Judenfrei" without endangering not only their popularity but their legitimacy.
The result? As Gaza residents feared, the evacuation resulted in nothing but misery for both Israelis who live within increasing Katyusha range and misery for the Palestinian people living in Gaza under terrorist theocracy.
Here is a map of Jerusalem. Look at it and consider what would happen if Israel relinquishes any part of it.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz