BEFORE ACTING ON JERUSALMEM; REMEMBER GAZA
If the Israelis get out of the Palestinian territories, even Hamas and Hezbollah will agree to a settlement. O. K., they are not going to recognize Israel but they will declare a"Hudna" temporary armistice which may last decades or longer. No, this is not a straw man argument. It is being forwarded by pundits, policy makers from around the world including Israel.
My short answer:
It has been tried and failed in Gaza. Israel left. All the Jews (including the dreaded settlers) left. And left without violence! Israelis understand the meaning of democracy and ultimately accepts its verdicts.
Only Arabs can safely ignore the results of democratic elections or demand that their land be"Judenfrei" without endangering not only their popularity but their legitimacy.
The result? As Gaza residents feared, the evacuation resulted in nothing but misery for both Israelis who live within increasing Katyusha range and misery for the Palestinian people living in Gaza under terrorist theocracy.
Here is a map of Jerusalem. Look at it and consider what would happen if Israel relinquishes any part of it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"