BEFORE ACTING ON JERUSALMEM; REMEMBER GAZA
If the Israelis get out of the Palestinian territories, even Hamas and Hezbollah will agree to a settlement. O. K., they are not going to recognize Israel but they will declare a"Hudna" temporary armistice which may last decades or longer. No, this is not a straw man argument. It is being forwarded by pundits, policy makers from around the world including Israel.
My short answer:
It has been tried and failed in Gaza. Israel left. All the Jews (including the dreaded settlers) left. And left without violence! Israelis understand the meaning of democracy and ultimately accepts its verdicts.
Only Arabs can safely ignore the results of democratic elections or demand that their land be"Judenfrei" without endangering not only their popularity but their legitimacy.
The result? As Gaza residents feared, the evacuation resulted in nothing but misery for both Israelis who live within increasing Katyusha range and misery for the Palestinian people living in Gaza under terrorist theocracy.
Here is a map of Jerusalem. Look at it and consider what would happen if Israel relinquishes any part of it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)