May Issue of Penthouse
For more commentary, please see McBlog
comments powered by Disqus
Wendy McElroy - 4/6/2004
Bill...I think you are correct in your general assessment. I always intersected with Dershowitz on civil liberties/legal issues and, so, my opinion was based on his stands for due process, freedom of speech, etc. Frankly, I never paid much attention to his book on Israel or other writings. Now I wish I had.
Thanks for the comment and for the congratulations re: Penthouse.
William Marina - 4/5/2004
Congratualtions on your own article.
Quite apart from specific issues, I find it difficult to "respect" someone who manipulated sources, certainly plagiarism in the way he did it, in his book on Israel.
His comments on the Stweart trial were also second-rate monday morning quarterbacking.
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History