Ron Paul and TinyURL
Whenever a tinyurl is generated, that little Ron ad appears in the upper right corner of the page that the user generates. (Generate one for this page and see). That's a lot of free publicity there. It probably also comprises more evidence for Ron's constituency being heavily weighted toward the young and technophilic.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 11/8/2007
There are some amusing ironies but this doesn't particularly put me off. The movie (which, unlike the book apparently, does not stress free market or Thatcher bashing). In any case, it has taken on a life of its own in the culture.
For a lot of young people, "V for Vendetta" is the "Brazil" of the twenty-first century If the Paulites can tap into this anti-authoritarian strain of American culture, more power to them.
- Expressing Outrage over Attacks on Cultural Heritage of Iraq, General Assembly Unanimously Adopts Resolution Calling for Urgent Action
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- Moving Photographs of Japanese American Internees, Then and Now
- A One-of-a-Kind Trove Reveals What 19th-Century American Boyhood Was Really Like
- St. Louis University moves controversial statue after protests
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize