2007 Cliopatria Awards Nominations: BEST WRITING
Nominations are now closed.
Look for the winners to be announced in January
Please submit, in comments below, your nominations for the best writer on a history blog since 1 December 2006. [registration not required to post nominations, but the usual rules of civility and conduct still apply] Nominations will be accepted from November 1st through 30th.
Please include a URL for the posts (not just a URL for the blog). You many nominate as many posts or series as you wish in this category, and you may nominate individual blogs or bloggers in other categories as well.
Bloggers do not need to be academic historians. If you're not sure whether a blog or blogger qualifies as"history," nominate them anyway and the judges will make a final determination. If you have questions, feel free to contact Ralph Luker or leave a comment here.
Judging Committee: Ancarett, Sharon Howard, John Carter Wood
[Judges are ineligible to win awards they are judging, but feel free to nominate them for something else!]
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 12/1/2007
Nominations for the 2007 Awards are now closed. Judging committees will make their selections and the winners will be announced in early January.
Brandon Scott Watson - 11/30/2007
For her writing on Victorian literature and academic life at <a hre="http://littleprofessor.typepad.com/the_little_professor/">The Little Professor</a>.
Alun Salt - 11/30/2007
For his posts at Airminded http://airminded.org and Revise and Dissent http://hnn.us/blogs/56.html
Basically if I see Brett's name on the RSS feed for Revise and Dissent I know there's going to be something interesting to read.
Declaration: I co-blog on Revise and Dissent.
Rob MacDougall - 11/28/2007
at Steamboats are Ruining Everything
Jason - 11/28/2007
It's a bit impertinent to nominate oneself. Therefore, I nominate myself.
Ralph Luker - 11/17/2007
Kristan Tetens - 11/14/2007
Jeremy Young - 10/31/2007
In my view, David Kaiser of History Unfolding is the best writer in the history blogosphere today, bar none. This was an easy choice.
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race