Yankee Come Home!!!
But the most important thing to be resurrected in the Spring is: Baseball. And today, Baseball is Back. Not in America, mind you. But in Japan! My New York Yankees just went down to defeat against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, 8-3, in the Tokyo Dome, the first game of the 2004 Major League Baseball Season.
It was the first time in the illustrious history of the Yankees that team members wore their pinstripes in a game outside Yankee Stadium, a game in which they were not the home team (the Yankee Home Opener takes place on Thursday, April 8th).
Baseball is all about Coming Home. The Home Run. Home Plate. Home. If only US foreign policy were like baseball, we'd be welcoming Yankees from all over the world back home. Someday ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?