Rice Takes to Airwaves in Counterattack
March 28, 2004 -- (Reuters) - Sensing a threat to President Bush's re-election, his national security adviser Condoleezza Rice will step into the arena where her former aide first made incendiary charges that Bush ignored pre-Sept. 11 warnings about al Qaeda. Rice will be interviewed on CBS's"60 Minutes" -- the influential television news program where counterterrorism expert Richard Clarke a week ago accused Bush of mishandling the terror threat.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alexandros K. Kyros shocked to encounter Armenian Genocide denials at Harvard event
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut