Learning from the Past
President Bush: My fellow Americans, good evening. I want to announce tonight that I have sent American forces into Iran. We intend to use overwhelming force so that this conflict can be brought to a swift conclusion with a minimum of casualties. I'll let you know why we are doing this when the war is over. God bless America. Goodnight.
comments powered by Disqus
Alina Stefanescu (Guest Blogger) - 3/29/2004
The ex post facto Bush style certainly makes it easier to turn what should be an explanation into what ultimately remains a justification. :)
Sheldon Richman - 3/29/2004
It's a verbal editorial cartoon.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/27/2004
Actually, he'd probably give us a reason, then change it later.
But I'm curious: is this an argument against re-election, a projection based on some current moves or just a quick, easy shot.
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service