Learning from the Past
President Bush: My fellow Americans, good evening. I want to announce tonight that I have sent American forces into Iran. We intend to use overwhelming force so that this conflict can be brought to a swift conclusion with a minimum of casualties. I'll let you know why we are doing this when the war is over. God bless America. Goodnight.
comments powered by Disqus
Alina Stefanescu (Guest Blogger) - 3/29/2004
The ex post facto Bush style certainly makes it easier to turn what should be an explanation into what ultimately remains a justification. :)
Sheldon Richman - 3/29/2004
It's a verbal editorial cartoon.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/27/2004
Actually, he'd probably give us a reason, then change it later.
But I'm curious: is this an argument against re-election, a projection based on some current moves or just a quick, easy shot.
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?