There was Bush looking under furniture in a fruitless, frustrating search."Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere," he said.
Somewhere in the Starr Report, if I recall correctly, there's a section where Bill Clinton is on the phone with a congressman, trying to drum up support for putting troops in Bosnia. At the same time Monica is ministering to Bill under the desk. I remember thinking that that didn't really reflect the sort of moral seriousness and gravity that I'd like to imagine in a commander-in-chief putting troops in harm's way. The current CINC's WMD yukfest may make for a less lurid image. But it's just as repulsive and classless.
Hat tip Atrios.
comments powered by Disqus
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize