Hats off to John Edwards
This is history repeating itself.
In 1992 it was Gephardt who settled on health care as an important issue. Bill Clinton, knowing a hot headline when he sees one, grabbed the issue and made it his own. That's why we got the Hillarycare proposal.
Now once again a Clinton is being pushed into the national health care debate to fend off a primary challenger.
That's ok with me. This is how politics works.
comments powered by Disqus
HNN - 9/22/2007
Edwards led the way., After Edwards no candidate could get away with a weak reform.
It's not the issue's visibility that Hillary's responding to. It's Edwards's grab for the issue.
If he hadn't staked out ground on the issue Obama may not have either. Hillary on her own certainly wouldn't have done so given her own history.
Tim Lacy - 9/21/2007
...that Michael Moore's Sicko is working in tandem with Edwards here? In fact, isn't Mr. Moore better known than Edwards in some ways? - TL
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian