Hats off to John Edwards
This is history repeating itself.
In 1992 it was Gephardt who settled on health care as an important issue. Bill Clinton, knowing a hot headline when he sees one, grabbed the issue and made it his own. That's why we got the Hillarycare proposal.
Now once again a Clinton is being pushed into the national health care debate to fend off a primary challenger.
That's ok with me. This is how politics works.
comments powered by Disqus
HNN - 9/22/2007
Edwards led the way., After Edwards no candidate could get away with a weak reform.
It's not the issue's visibility that Hillary's responding to. It's Edwards's grab for the issue.
If he hadn't staked out ground on the issue Obama may not have either. Hillary on her own certainly wouldn't have done so given her own history.
Tim Lacy - 9/21/2007
...that Michael Moore's Sicko is working in tandem with Edwards here? In fact, isn't Mr. Moore better known than Edwards in some ways? - TL
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"