Hats off to John Edwards
This is history repeating itself.
In 1992 it was Gephardt who settled on health care as an important issue. Bill Clinton, knowing a hot headline when he sees one, grabbed the issue and made it his own. That's why we got the Hillarycare proposal.
Now once again a Clinton is being pushed into the national health care debate to fend off a primary challenger.
That's ok with me. This is how politics works.
comments powered by Disqus
HNN - 9/22/2007
Edwards led the way., After Edwards no candidate could get away with a weak reform.
It's not the issue's visibility that Hillary's responding to. It's Edwards's grab for the issue.
If he hadn't staked out ground on the issue Obama may not have either. Hillary on her own certainly wouldn't have done so given her own history.
Tim Lacy - 9/21/2007
...that Michael Moore's Sicko is working in tandem with Edwards here? In fact, isn't Mr. Moore better known than Edwards in some ways? - TL
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)