Hats off to John Edwards
This is history repeating itself.
In 1992 it was Gephardt who settled on health care as an important issue. Bill Clinton, knowing a hot headline when he sees one, grabbed the issue and made it his own. That's why we got the Hillarycare proposal.
Now once again a Clinton is being pushed into the national health care debate to fend off a primary challenger.
That's ok with me. This is how politics works.
comments powered by Disqus
HNN - 9/22/2007
Edwards led the way., After Edwards no candidate could get away with a weak reform.
It's not the issue's visibility that Hillary's responding to. It's Edwards's grab for the issue.
If he hadn't staked out ground on the issue Obama may not have either. Hillary on her own certainly wouldn't have done so given her own history.
Tim Lacy - 9/21/2007
...that Michael Moore's Sicko is working in tandem with Edwards here? In fact, isn't Mr. Moore better known than Edwards in some ways? - TL
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes