AAPSS meeting this Dec.
THE AMERICAN PHILOSOPHICAL ASSOCIATION
ONE HUNDRED FOURTH ANNUAL MEETING PROGRAM
DECEMBER 27-30, 2007
BALTIMORE MARRIOTT WATERFRONT AND OTHER HOTELS
SATURDAY AFTERNOON, DECEMBER 29, 2007
GROUP SESSION IX - 2:45-5:45 P.M.
GIX-1. American Association for the Philosophic Study of Society
2:45-5:45 p.m., Iron (Fourth Floor)
Topic: Two New Books on Justification and the State
Chair: Douglas Rasmussen (St. John's University)
1: Daniel Shapiro, Is The Welfare State Justified?
Critics: Jerry Gaus (University of Arizona)
James Sterba (University of Notre Dame)
Author: Daniel Shapiro (West Virginia University)
2: Aeon Skoble, Deleting the State
Critics: Stephen Kershnar (State University of New York-Fredonia)
Aaron Garrett (Boston University)
Author: Aeon Skoble (Bridgewater State College)
comments powered by Disqus
Roderick T. Long - 8/31/2007
Well, Aeon's got our afternoon covered. And for the morning ....
Common Sense - 8/29/2007
Looks good. Perhaps have it videotaped and posted on youtube?
Aeon J. Skoble - 8/27/2007
That would be great!
Lester Hunt - 8/27/2007
This sounds like it should be an excellent program. Worth traveling to Charm City just to see. I'll try to be there.
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems