US - INDIA NUCLEAR DEAL
Since Gandhi's time, the ruling Congress has always been allied with the Islamists. If that is not bad enough, its parliamentary majority depends on Marxist parties (also opposed to closer ties with the US). The BJP Hindu party which began the rapprochement with the US, could have put politics aside and supported the deal. But, alas, they would rather decry the so called"limits" it supposedly places on Indian sovereignty in the hope of bringing down the government.
Who supports the deal? The Indian people. They, unlike their elites, are very pro-American. How come? They all have relatives which tell them the truth about the country. In the end, I trust India will join the democratic coalition but it will not be smooth sailing.
Click here to read an Indian experts analysis of the issue.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools