US - INDIA NUCLEAR DEAL
Since Gandhi's time, the ruling Congress has always been allied with the Islamists. If that is not bad enough, its parliamentary majority depends on Marxist parties (also opposed to closer ties with the US). The BJP Hindu party which began the rapprochement with the US, could have put politics aside and supported the deal. But, alas, they would rather decry the so called"limits" it supposedly places on Indian sovereignty in the hope of bringing down the government.
Who supports the deal? The Indian people. They, unlike their elites, are very pro-American. How come? They all have relatives which tell them the truth about the country. In the end, I trust India will join the democratic coalition but it will not be smooth sailing.
Click here to read an Indian experts analysis of the issue.
comments powered by Disqus
- Cambridge historian helps clear man accused of causing AIDS epidemic in the US
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award