US - INDIA NUCLEAR DEAL
Since Gandhi's time, the ruling Congress has always been allied with the Islamists. If that is not bad enough, its parliamentary majority depends on Marxist parties (also opposed to closer ties with the US). The BJP Hindu party which began the rapprochement with the US, could have put politics aside and supported the deal. But, alas, they would rather decry the so called"limits" it supposedly places on Indian sovereignty in the hope of bringing down the government.
Who supports the deal? The Indian people. They, unlike their elites, are very pro-American. How come? They all have relatives which tell them the truth about the country. In the end, I trust India will join the democratic coalition but it will not be smooth sailing.
Click here to read an Indian experts analysis of the issue.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton