I HAVE NOT DISAPPEARED
What is new in Israel? War with Syria is no longer expected to take place this year though news of the Syrian rapid modernization of their weapons is unnerving. The same can be said about Hezollah. It appears that the renewed Putin's Cold War rethoric has been translated into the arming of Syria with the latest Soviet made missile systems some of which have not even been adapted by the Red army itself. Israel, of course, needs to keep up by purchasing American weapons from the US.
The global lines are being drawn and the Arab Israeli conflict is again smack in the middle of the new Western-Islamist; Sunni-Shia cold war. You will find Barry Rubin's take of the recent Israeli Palestinian negotiations here/
In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements. Sorry.
comments powered by Disqus
Hillel Eli Markowitz - 8/21/2007
"In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements."
I would define it ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no desire to negotiate.
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller