I HAVE NOT DISAPPEARED
What is new in Israel? War with Syria is no longer expected to take place this year though news of the Syrian rapid modernization of their weapons is unnerving. The same can be said about Hezollah. It appears that the renewed Putin's Cold War rethoric has been translated into the arming of Syria with the latest Soviet made missile systems some of which have not even been adapted by the Red army itself. Israel, of course, needs to keep up by purchasing American weapons from the US.
The global lines are being drawn and the Arab Israeli conflict is again smack in the middle of the new Western-Islamist; Sunni-Shia cold war. You will find Barry Rubin's take of the recent Israeli Palestinian negotiations here/
In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements. Sorry.
comments powered by Disqus
Hillel Eli Markowitz - 8/21/2007
"In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements."
I would define it ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no desire to negotiate.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history