I HAVE NOT DISAPPEARED
What is new in Israel? War with Syria is no longer expected to take place this year though news of the Syrian rapid modernization of their weapons is unnerving. The same can be said about Hezollah. It appears that the renewed Putin's Cold War rethoric has been translated into the arming of Syria with the latest Soviet made missile systems some of which have not even been adapted by the Red army itself. Israel, of course, needs to keep up by purchasing American weapons from the US.
The global lines are being drawn and the Arab Israeli conflict is again smack in the middle of the new Western-Islamist; Sunni-Shia cold war. You will find Barry Rubin's take of the recent Israeli Palestinian negotiations here/
In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements. Sorry.
comments powered by Disqus
Hillel Eli Markowitz - 8/21/2007
"In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements."
I would define it ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no desire to negotiate.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”