I HAVE NOT DISAPPEARED
What is new in Israel? War with Syria is no longer expected to take place this year though news of the Syrian rapid modernization of their weapons is unnerving. The same can be said about Hezollah. It appears that the renewed Putin's Cold War rethoric has been translated into the arming of Syria with the latest Soviet made missile systems some of which have not even been adapted by the Red army itself. Israel, of course, needs to keep up by purchasing American weapons from the US.
The global lines are being drawn and the Arab Israeli conflict is again smack in the middle of the new Western-Islamist; Sunni-Shia cold war. You will find Barry Rubin's take of the recent Israeli Palestinian negotiations here/
In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements. Sorry.
comments powered by Disqus
Hillel Eli Markowitz - 8/21/2007
"In Israel they defined these negotiations as ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no ability to deliver on his agreements."
I would define it ones between Olmert who has no right to negotiate with Abbas who has no desire to negotiate.
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history