IRANIAN MULLAHS NEED WAR
Then came the interview with a Mullah. He explained what a great blessing the Iran - Iraq war was to the revolution and how engaged that generation was with"shadeda" martyrdom. He was not the only one to miss the good old days. Some of the parents felt the same.
Well, they are recreating them. Iran is in the midst of a" cultural revolution" and like the Chinese one it followed a period of relaxation when a thousand flowers bloomed. The only question remaining is do the Mullahs believe that mobilization for war is enough or do they need actual fighting? As was the case with Japan, economic warfare may just be the prelude for a shooting war. I hope appearances not withstanding, we are getting ready.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize