IRANIAN MULLAHS NEED WAR
Then came the interview with a Mullah. He explained what a great blessing the Iran - Iraq war was to the revolution and how engaged that generation was with"shadeda" martyrdom. He was not the only one to miss the good old days. Some of the parents felt the same.
Well, they are recreating them. Iran is in the midst of a" cultural revolution" and like the Chinese one it followed a period of relaxation when a thousand flowers bloomed. The only question remaining is do the Mullahs believe that mobilization for war is enough or do they need actual fighting? As was the case with Japan, economic warfare may just be the prelude for a shooting war. I hope appearances not withstanding, we are getting ready.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)