IRANIAN MULLAHS NEED WAR
Then came the interview with a Mullah. He explained what a great blessing the Iran - Iraq war was to the revolution and how engaged that generation was with"shadeda" martyrdom. He was not the only one to miss the good old days. Some of the parents felt the same.
Well, they are recreating them. Iran is in the midst of a" cultural revolution" and like the Chinese one it followed a period of relaxation when a thousand flowers bloomed. The only question remaining is do the Mullahs believe that mobilization for war is enough or do they need actual fighting? As was the case with Japan, economic warfare may just be the prelude for a shooting war. I hope appearances not withstanding, we are getting ready.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools