The Net of TIME
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
Unfortunately, the reviews are cutesy and idiotic (and in the case of Never Ask the End, factually inaccurate), and would never have tempted me to read the novels; but here they are: reviews of Never Ask the End, If It Prove Fair Weather, and The Fourth Queen. (Plus theres an especially stupid summary of the latter book, describing it as follows: Galleon-scuttling, bussing and swearing in the bawdy days of Queen Bess. Its not an inaccurate description, exactly, but what a tin ear!)
Time also offers a Paterson obituary.
Plus you can check out this more recent and much less annoying review of Never Ask the End, this one from Neglected Books rather than Time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politics
- Overhauling La Guardia, an Airport With a Historical Name but a Tarnished Image
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success