AL QAEDA WAIGES WAR AGAINST THE SHIA
The most accurate example to explain the dual attacks on the Shiites in Iraqi and Pakistan can be found in the October 2003 pronouncement by Al Qaeda spokesman, Al Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Najdi:"We demand from the Shiite youth that they return to the book of God and the Sunna of Muhammad." For as Michael Scott Doran explained in his important January/February article entitled"the Saudi Paradox," the Al Qaeda nightmare consists of democratic reforms which bring Shia Muslims into the political community in Saudi Arabia. The same is obviously true in other Sunni controlled countries like, Pakistan, Iraq and the Gulf. For Wahabbis and other radical Sunnis, the blood of Shia is as permitted as the blood of Hindus and Buddhists"idolaters" and even more than the blood of the people of the book, Jews and Christians."We believe that the Shiite heretics are a sect of idolatry and apostasy, and that they are the most evil creatures under the heavens," Declares the Al Qaeda basic credo.
Hence, the reason they wish to ferment a civil war in Iraq is not limited to the wish to prevent US victory in Iraq but in order to prevent a democratization of the Middle East which would enable Shia to vote. The more we delay elections in Iraq, the more we play into the hands of Al Qaeda. Indeed, the Iranian's marriage of convenience with Syria and Al Qaeda should be less and less tenable, the more the anti-Shia agenda of these Wahabbis inspired Sunnis is exposed. Shia insistence on elections in Iraq are not an attempt at a power grab but a must. Shame on us with we collude with the hard line Wahabbis to block them.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit