comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 3/6/2004
I'm sorry you don't like this kind of post. You've voiced your objection to the style before. Let me be clear: by now I assume that whatever Tim Burke posts either here or on his own blog, Easily Distracted, is well worth reading. I am calling Cliopatria readers' attention to a piece by Tim that is not here, but on his own blog. Further, I am directing Cliopatria readers' attention to a critique of Tim's essay and a rejoinder to the critique. I'm not simply "talking to myself" here. I'm suggesting that if you'd bother yourself to left click on a link that you'd find an interesting discussion. Is it link laziness on your part that thinks that I need to replicate the whole discussion for you at Cliopatria when you are already a big boy and can find out about it for yourself. Truth is, Tim's a better writer and thinker than I am, so I'm suggesting that you read his essay rather than some half-assed, watered-down summary of it by me. I really don't understand what your problem is with that. Unless you just like to complain ...
Michael Meo - 3/6/2004
More talking to oneself by the blogger.
No attempt here actually to speak to someone not 'in the know'
in clear English prose. What started with Tim Bruke? Why should i care that you sthink someone I am unacquainted with spotted whatever-the-hell a 'bourgeois rationalization' is?
Contempt for your reader, driving him or her away from the site.
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial