comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 3/6/2004
I'm sorry you don't like this kind of post. You've voiced your objection to the style before. Let me be clear: by now I assume that whatever Tim Burke posts either here or on his own blog, Easily Distracted, is well worth reading. I am calling Cliopatria readers' attention to a piece by Tim that is not here, but on his own blog. Further, I am directing Cliopatria readers' attention to a critique of Tim's essay and a rejoinder to the critique. I'm not simply "talking to myself" here. I'm suggesting that if you'd bother yourself to left click on a link that you'd find an interesting discussion. Is it link laziness on your part that thinks that I need to replicate the whole discussion for you at Cliopatria when you are already a big boy and can find out about it for yourself. Truth is, Tim's a better writer and thinker than I am, so I'm suggesting that you read his essay rather than some half-assed, watered-down summary of it by me. I really don't understand what your problem is with that. Unless you just like to complain ...
Michael Meo - 3/6/2004
More talking to oneself by the blogger.
No attempt here actually to speak to someone not 'in the know'
in clear English prose. What started with Tim Bruke? Why should i care that you sthink someone I am unacquainted with spotted whatever-the-hell a 'bourgeois rationalization' is?
Contempt for your reader, driving him or her away from the site.
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- How the Primaries are Rigged Against Sanders
- Carson Sees Fundraising Resurgence
- Trump Has GOP Mega Donors Frozen
- Quote of the Day
- Top GOP Candidates Haven’t Released Tax Returns
- Trump Attack Ads Finally Begin
- Super PACs Gear Up for Clinton
- Cruz App Mines Data from Your Phone
- Trump Way Ahead in South Carolina
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges