My real job, by day, is being a CPA/Business Consultant, specializing in tax consulting, estates/trusts, and similar. Currently, my preferred hobby is counting down the days until April 15th, when I’ll have the time to do my own taxes at approximately 11:45 pm, which will involve merely sending in an extension, and putting off the Pocket Pickers for another four more months.
comments powered by Disqus
Jean Carbonneau - 3/2/2004
I want to applaud Karen Decoster's blog on the movie, "Miracle", because I came away with the same feeling that she wrote.
I found not only the movie entertaining, but rather uplifting for any young person who wasn't around to expereince this great feat.
I was in my freshman year in college, my father had just got laid off, and of course, we had Iran, and Afgahnistan, and Inflation, etc. As stated in the movie, this was more than a game. One other aspect that I found about the movie was that most of the actors who made up the team had actually hockey backgrounds, and no need for doubles. I was happy to see that the actor who played Jack O'Callahan actually played for the University of Maine, where I live.
I love this movie so much, I actually order the tape of the actual game to watch again. If people can remember, ABC, which carried the Olympics, didnt' carry the game live. However, I know most people who live near the Canadian border got to watch this marvelous feat.
One can only imagine applying Herb Brooks approach to this task to politics. Yes, only one can imagine.
Thanks Karen, and wishing the best
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award