Three Bad Things in Decreasing Order of Importance, Followed By a Good Thing
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
Apparently President Bush was a sex slave during World War II. At any rate, he has accepted the Japanese governments apology for the treatment of wartime sex slaves, which he could hardly have done had he not been one .... (Conical hat tip to Elizabeth Brake.)
Tom Sawyers Island is one of my favourite parts of Disneyland; its a nice break from the rest of the park, inasmuch as it has no rides or special effects, just places to play and wander. Well, apparently Disneyland is about to ruin it.
On a brighter note, portions of a lost work by Alexander of Aphrodisias, the foremost ancient commentator on Aristotle and a pretty smart thinker himself (his book On Fate rocks), have been discovered. (Conical hat tip to LRC.)
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools