Susie Linfield,"The Blind Prisoner," Washington Post, 22 April, reviews Karolina Lanckoronska's Michelangelo in Ravensbruck: One Woman's War Against the Nazis.
Liesl Schillinger,"Life of the Party," NYT, 22 April, reviews Stephen Pascal, ed., The Grand Surprise: The Journals of Leo Lerman.
Eugene Volokh,"Careful Doing History in Europe – You Might Go to Prison," The Volokh Conspiracy, 20 April; and Volokh,"Historians Getting into Legal Trouble," ibid., 20 April, look at new regulations in the European Union.
comments powered by Disqus
- Call to help Moroccan historian Maâti Monjib, who has been on hunger strike since 6 October 2015
- Charles Gillispie, trailblazer in the history of science, dies at 97
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State