Susie Linfield,"The Blind Prisoner," Washington Post, 22 April, reviews Karolina Lanckoronska's Michelangelo in Ravensbruck: One Woman's War Against the Nazis.
Liesl Schillinger,"Life of the Party," NYT, 22 April, reviews Stephen Pascal, ed., The Grand Surprise: The Journals of Leo Lerman.
Eugene Volokh,"Careful Doing History in Europe – You Might Go to Prison," The Volokh Conspiracy, 20 April; and Volokh,"Historians Getting into Legal Trouble," ibid., 20 April, look at new regulations in the European Union.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic