Susie Linfield,"The Blind Prisoner," Washington Post, 22 April, reviews Karolina Lanckoronska's Michelangelo in Ravensbruck: One Woman's War Against the Nazis.
Liesl Schillinger,"Life of the Party," NYT, 22 April, reviews Stephen Pascal, ed., The Grand Surprise: The Journals of Leo Lerman.
Eugene Volokh,"Careful Doing History in Europe – You Might Go to Prison," The Volokh Conspiracy, 20 April; and Volokh,"Historians Getting into Legal Trouble," ibid., 20 April, look at new regulations in the European Union.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting